Nov 18, 2011

just a lucky bastard

I drove a lot today. Four hours straight. Probably not a big figure for regular drivers, but it was my first such venture.

It was just my new car celebration; the buddy hormone that made us go on a trip. Me and my buddies; I feel so confident when I am with them. We just took off after the practical to nowhere. We went to sector-4 for no reason, McD there. The original plan we decided, while casually blurting out earlier, was to visit India Gate. Nice. We decided: lets do it.

Nitin got his GPS up and running. Google plotted a map for us from sector 4 to India Gate and we got going. Roads and traffic and red lights and loud music; girls driving past us, stupid brawls between puneet and pawan for fm stations; narrow escapes from hitting other cars; and from them hitting us. It was crazy. We lost our way many times; took many detours, it was fun.

By the time we got around India Gate, the darkness had fallen. Arguments on which turn to take made my driving even more rough; often creating a JAM behind me as I tried taking a left turn from middle of the road. The traffic had swollen. My shoulders were paining. But we got there finally; it was beautiful. I was visiting there after like 10 years or something and it was the first time for Pawan. :) Puneet and Prabhash got drunk. (in the picture) Huh!! They went in the jhadiyan there and did stupid things before the couples getting intimate in the darkness. Lol! I salute to their liveliness and lets-do-it attitude.


What I realized was that there were many situations where my car could have easily met an accident. I just felt lucky. I left my car unlocked at the India Gate parking lot. I felt so stupid when I realized this when we came back. I can correlate this with other things that happened to me. My job at InfoEdge, for example: I had just come back from Mumbai that night. I was checking my Gmail and came to know about this company coming the next day and I said "OK, just because I registered before..", I sat for the written test. It got through. "Really?", I was surprised. Then the interviews, not the most excellent of all times but I got through that even. "Shit!", I thought and in no time, the guy announced my selection. Others felt cheated, I remember. I totally agreed with them.

I guess, I am just a lucky bastard; who got away most of the time. I feel evil to hope that it stays that way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey there, your comment is valuable...more than this post..so feel free and give in your true response..thanx!