Nov 3, 2011

effin admit card











I was just casually sitting in front of my computer, doing "nothing". It had been a long day. I needed peace.

And then my dad came into the picture, "tumhara CAT h naa kal?" (you have the CAT exam tomorrow, right?). And I was like.. "yeah?.... whoaa.." So I have my CAT exam tomorrow and its 11PM and I check the iim website for details AND exam starts tomro at 10 AND I realize, I should have taken a print out of my admit card AND no shop will open tomorrow before 10. WTF!!

My effin' admit card. WHYY MEE! So tomorrow, I won't have a chance to take a print of my admit card and I was pretty much sure, I won't give the exam. Fine with me; who's interested anyway. But then, dad will go berserk and hence the necessity to find an alternative. I look for options.

Option 1: My cousin,who lives in dwarka has a printer. I can probably use theirs early morning and then shoot for the exam center.
Option 2: My old printer, now eating dust, can be taken out of the junk and tried upon. Highly unlikely, as its been 3 years since it collapsed and refused to print.
Option 3: Hostel rocks. A friend of mine has a printer. I can wake him up at 7 ( and that's pretty much the time, he goes to sleep) and use his printer.
Option 4:"Really roopam, Are you that a nerd? Take it easy, braw!!"

Nice. I have a list of options now. Step1 done. Option 4, I love you, man. Option1, the most logical considering, all the lecture my dad just gave me. ("You are so fcking lazy and careless. You don't even know you have an exam tomorrow. The whole family's legacy is now broken. Just stick with your girlfriend, talk with her all night and stop your studies. Why do you even live in my house. You've got a job anyway. Ouch, that hurts.

Ok. So I wanted to try Option2, which I did with no success. Option 3 is plan B, but can I get up that early? Oh who cares, I am going to sleep.

Yaawwwnn. Good morning. :) Such a nice day. But, hey, I have an exam today.. and hey, I don't have the admit card. EF! I rushed to my cousin's. It was 8:45 when I got there. And snap, even that printer is broken. Miscommunication can be so evil sometimes. :(  I apologized for the bother I implicated to them and hurried back to Uttam Nagar. I did'nt even knew the address of my center.

My dad called up again, he told me he'll be meeting me at the metro station. Its was 9:15, my exam starts at 10 and the reporting time was 8:30, a good 45 minutes already past. So I was riding with my dad, searching for a cybercafe in the locality. My dad was angry. An idea struck up and I called a guy-i-knew who had the same center as I did. Even he was just waking up and and told me it is somewhere in "Sector D, Pankha Road" in a tone of  ("Please don't disturb me."). Ok dude.

So we rushed there and were riding in random directions. We still didn't have the exact address. And riding and riding and riding, and then I cried.. "papa, papa... ek min ruko". And then I rushed across the street, to the black glass doors and the caught the guy just starting his computers, in my savior "Cyber Cafe". Aaawwww man!

I opened my gmail, downloaded the admit card, took a print out. Rushed back to my dad waiting across the street; we had the exact address and came to the center at 10:05. Cool! The invigilator guy thankfully let me in. And then the morning I had just survived felt like a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey there, your comment is valuable...more than this post..so feel free and give in your true response..thanx!