Feb 28, 2011

Angry Lady

I was studying when I heard her shouting at the top of her voice.


She must have been in her 40s. The angry screams were coming from my neighborhood. Although the characters were not visible, her screams were quite omnipresent in the night silence that spread through the colony. When I came out in the veranda, a couple of more neighbors were gawking at the first floor house.


Just gawking. Just that. So what else can be done. What could I do. What would be the right thing to do. Try to place yourself in this situation. You don't know the neighbor well. It is in most chances some internal feud over some family issue. The 40 year old lady might be shouting at her son or daughter. For obvious reasons. What can we do? Should I just sit inside and bear the angry screams piercing the walls that separate our houses? I can't do that, as with those screams echoing, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything else. Let's say if I was, then it will be inhuman. Total control over emotions. Total control over when your brain throws questions at you. Calm and Serene I would be. As if I am in a separate universe.



The question still remains unanswered. What is the right thing to do? Should I just wait for this affair to get over, hoping that the lady will get tired at some point or some good-in-terms neighbor would step in and hold back the lady. Yea, that seems more logical. The world is too huge. We are too tiny. We can't keep a check on everything that goes around. But does that not show the unfeeling nature of humans? Are humans evolving? Evolving to be less sensitive? We have been evolving physically since ice age. Are we evolving mentally too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey there, your comment is valuable...more than this post..so feel free and give in your true response..thanx!