Dec 17, 2011

Stone Cold

I am in Gorakhpur right now. Its 7:30 in the morning and its stone cold here. The fog outside is overwhelming. Its seems a little out of place, may be because I've always associated deep winters with my home city New Delhi. I am here for my naturopathic treatment. I am not suffering from anything really, it is just for "cleaning the body from the inside."

Here, they put emphasis on lifestyle. The food we eat, the schedule we follow; instead of medicines to cure illness. Apart from that there are "treatments". One of them involves, and reader discretion advised for what lies after this, inserting a tube up one's arse and then inserting warm water; one litre of that. After that the "patient" feels pressure and excretes.

Yeah, don't make a face; because I just had that. This method is supposed to clean the intestines and hence makes the digestive system more efficient. And apparently there are no side effects. The food here is without salt, oil; ultra simple food. I am supposed to walk for 45 minutes both in morning and evening. There are couple of other treatments I have taken so far which are less sinister: hot water bath for legs and hot-n-cold water bags on the stomach. It feels weird; I am just here coz my grand dad. Hope this ends well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hey there, your comment is valuable...more than this post..so feel free and give in your true response..thanx!